Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Company Background - Flynn Group
Founded by Chairman and CEO Greg Flynn in 1999, Flynn Group LP (formerly Flynn Restaurant Group) is the largest franchise operator in the world, and the third largest operator of restaurants, after only Starbucks and Chipotle, in the United States. Flynn Group owns and operates more than 2,600 restaurants and fitness clubs across Applebee’s, Arby’s, Taco Bell, Panera, Pizza Hut, Wendy’s, and Planet Fitness brands spanning 44 states, and Australia, generating $4.6 billion in sales and employing more than 75,000 people. More information is available at www.flynn.com.
Company Background - Flynn Applebee's
Flynn Group | Applebee’s owns and operates over 440 Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar restaurants in 23 states. With annualized sales of over $1.3B and over 21,000 employees, Flynn Group | Applebee’s is the largest franchisee in the Applebee’s system, and the largest U.S. casual dining franchisee. Flynn Group | Applebee’s is a part of Flynn Group, the largest franchise operator in the world, and the third largest operator of restaurants, after only Starbucks and Chipotle, in the United States. More information is available at www.flynn.com/applebees.
Technician performs preventative maintenance, tile work, minor electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, painting, wallpapering etc. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs as needed and performs scheduled maintenance of equipment during normal working hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement preventative maintenance program for restaurant building and equipment to include cleaning, adjusting, lubricating, and tightening on equipment.
- Assist field service technicians when needed.
- Identify field service issues & report them to maintenance director.
- Implement necessary files, records and reports of all maintenance information in an organized manner.
- Implement maintenance and repair program of restaurant equipment for the support of field operations.
- Provide normal and emergency equipment repairs whenever possible and direct use the use of outside vendors when needed.
- Implement preventative maintenance program for restaurant building and equipment.
- Implement necessary files, records, and reports of all maintenance information in an organized manner.
- Provide support for the field, protect company interests, and help ensure the efficient operation of the restaurants.
- Regular business hours are 7AM to 4PM, with afterhours work as required
- On call every other weekend and up to 20% of night work as needed
- Must be reliable and self-motivated
- Have formal HVACR education
- Must have clean driving record
- Able to safely reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
Education and Experience
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position
- 2 years installation experience Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth
- 3 years minimum experience trouble shooting and repair
The employee is responsible for performing the essential responsibilities of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee should notify Flynn Applebee's of any reasonable accommodation requests and may need to provide supporting medical documentation. This job description may not list all duties for this position and the employee in this position may be required to perform other duties to meet business needs. Flynn Applebee's reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the associate or Flynn Applebee's may terminate employment at any time.
Perks for our employees:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Paid vacation
Additional Position Requirements:
Must live within geographic area being supported; ability to work extra hours (exempt), weekend hours, holiday hours, evening hours, as required; ability to accommodate the likelihood of a variable work schedule from week to week; travel within assigned area and throughout the organization as requested; driving on company business (requires valid driver’s license and auto insurance coverage meeting or exceeding state requirements for property damage and bodily injury).
Why Work for Flynn Applebee's?
Flynn Applebee's is a growing franchise that offers stability, opportunity for advancement as well as a great environment, training and benefits. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential.
For a copy of Flynn Group’s Workplace Privacy Notice, please visit
Flynn Applebee's is an equal opportunity employer