Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Company Background - Flynn Restaurant Group
Greg Flynn, founded Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) in 1999 with the acquisition of eight Applebee’s in Washington State.
Since then, the company has grown at over 30% a year and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of the 20 largest foodservice companies of any kind in the United States.
While the company’s initial focus was growing within the Applebee’s system, it has since added five other leading brands starting with Taco Bell in 2013, followed by Panera in 2015, Arby’s in 2018, and most recently Pizza Hut and Wendy’s in 2021.
Today, through its six wholly owned subsidiaries, Apple American, Bell American, Pan American, RB American, Hut American and Wend American, FRG owns over 440 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, 130 Panera cafes, 360 Arby’s, 930 Pizza Huts and 190 Wendy’s representing $3.5 Billion in Sales and employing more than 73,000 people in 44 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Company Background - Apple American Group
Founded in 1998 by Chairman and CEO Greg Flynn, Apple American Group LLC currently owns and operates over 458 Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar restaurants in 23 states.
With $1.2 billion in sales and directly employing over 26,000 people, Apple American is the largest Applebee's franchise, and is one of the two largest franchises of any concept in the United States.
Apple American Group LLC is built on a decentralized business model, which means that each geographic area is led by a Market President. Reporting to the Market President are Area Directors, who are multiple unit operators, responsible for the overall functions of the restaurants in their areas. Reporting to the Area Directors are the General Managers, who are the chief restaurant managers responsible for the overall running of their restaurant. Aiding in the management of the restaurant are Assistant Managers, who are responsible for running of their departments (Kitchen, Carside, Service, Bar) and who help with every-day management responsibilities. Rounding out the store leadership are key employees, team leads, and neighborhood experts.
Technician performs preventative maintenance, tile work, minor electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, painting, wallpapering etc. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs as needed and performs scheduled maintenance of equipment during normal working hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement preventative maintenance program for restaurant building and equipment to include cleaning, adjusting, lubricating, and tightening on equipment.
- Assist field service technicians when needed.
- Identify field service issues & report them to maintenance director.
- Implement necessary files, records and reports of all maintenance information in an organized manner.
- Implement maintenance and repair program of restaurant equipment for the support of field operations.
- Provide normal and emergency equipment repairs whenever possible and direct use the use of outside vendors when needed.
- Implement preventative maintenance program for restaurant building and equipment.
- Implement necessary files, records, and reports of all maintenance information in an organized manner.
- Provide support for the field, protect company interests, and help ensure the efficient operation of the restaurants.
- Regular business hours are 7AM to 4PM, with afterhours work as required
- On call every other weekend and up to 20% of night work as needed
- Must be reliable and self-motivated
- Have formal HVACR education
- Must have clean driving record
- Able to safely reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
Education and Experience
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position
- 2 years installation experience Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth
- 3 years minimum experience trouble shooting and repair
The employee is responsible for performing the essential responsibilities of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee should notify Apple American Group of any reasonable accommodation requests and may need to provide supporting medical documentation. This job description may not list all duties for this position and the employee in this position may be required to perform other duties to meet business needs. Apple American Group LLC, reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the associate or Apple American Group, LLC may terminate employment at any time.
Perks for our employees:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Paid vacation
Additional Position Requirements:
Must live within geographic area being supported; ability to work extra hours (exempt), weekend hours, holiday hours, evening hours, as required; ability to accommodate the likelihood of a variable work schedule from week to week; travel within assigned area and throughout the organization as requested; driving on company business (requires valid driver’s license and auto insurance coverage meeting or exceeding state requirements for property damage and bodily injury).
Why Work for Apple American Group?
Apple American Group is a growing franchise that offers stability, opportunity for advancement as well as a great environment, training and benefits. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential.
For a copy of Flynn Restaurant Group’s Workplace Privacy Notice, please visit http://www.flynnrestaurantgroup.com/workplace-privacy-notice/
Apple American Group is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference #: P1-314630-5